Subject: Re: Last chance: Copyrights is OK ?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/1999 23:02:52
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> So you're convinced that the copyright laws of your country even allow
> transfer? (Somebody mentioned German laws don't.)

Laws of Czech Republic don't as well. You can transfer the managing
of your rights to other party, but not the copyright itself. Once
you created the software, you can't abandon it :) There are some
exceptions (work for your regular employer), but that's really
special case. Don't ask me for details though, I'm no lawyer (and
I'm happy so ;).

IMHO this is pretty much standard in Europe.

--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde