Subject: Re: an in-kernel getcwd() implementation
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/1999 10:40:12
Jonathan Stone wrote:
> 4) Has anyone  actually tried a linux oracle install?

Yeh, the client part only though. I got over the /proc/#/cmd issue by suspending
the install and creating the entry manually. Everything went fine
until point where it checked if oracle db is running -- the install
program said some file exists which didn't in / nor /emul/linux.
So I gave up and installed it under linux.

>    should we  emulate the argv silliness in linux' /proc
>    to get linux installs to work?

I'd vote for it (at least when COMPAT_LINUX is defined).

--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde