Subject: Re: curproc in procfs
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/05/1999 14:55:29
>> I generally agree, but isn't the current curproc also subject
>> to change any time?
>
>No.
>
>At the time you ask for it, it is yourself. At least thats what I'm
>understanding.

curproc is like a mirror.  whenever you look in the mirror, you see
yourself.  other people see themselves.  you will always see yourself
whenever you look.  no one sees other people (modulo various forms of
dementia).  you will, however, be able to see other people if you use
them to look in the mirror (via demonic possession, telepathy, ls, or
find).  but this does you no good, because as soon as you move to use
that information, it becomes you doing the moving and your stuff
you're moving against.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|