Subject: Re: PR 6152 (gdb fails on UVM for seperate I&D), and fix (ATTN portmasters)
To: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/27/1999 20:55:17
On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 02:24:02PM -0800, Mark Brinicombe wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>
> > > I could even do and test arm32 (do we have an otherwise working gdb there?),
> >   but would prefer if somebody who understands the machine would do this.
> Hi,
>   I'll sort that out.

Thanks.

So, let me summarize:

- ARM32 doesn't need the fix for GDB, but needs it in case something
  writes its own instruction stream through procfs.

- PPC was handled by Tsubai (but can't be tested right know, as gdb is broken).

- M68k should be done modulo typos in my yesternights cleaning of the typos
  I made two days ago, with the exception of sun3, where I did a int->size_t
  correction 10 minutes ago.

- Mips was verified by mhitch and committed by me in the version he cleared.

AFAICT, all others have merged I- and D- caches.

I'll close PR 6152.

Regards,
	Ignatios