Subject: Re: Making file handles useful outside of NFS
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/27/1999 16:00:53
On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 08:29:41PM +0100, Wolfgang Solfrank wrote:
> This is (mostly?) the fault of mountd.  On reload, it first deletes
> the export attribute from all exported filesystems, and then reexports
> those that are exported in the new exports file.  I'm almost sure that
> this has nada to do with the kernel at all.

I looked a bit to this problem, and if I remember properly, the only way
to do this is to delete the export attribute and re-export the FS. With
the current interface, there's no way to tell the NFS server that is
export lists are not up-to-date. If we define a new syscall for this,
we can design a much cleaner interface (either allow changing an existing list,
or stop/resume NFS server - maybe both).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>