Subject: Re: Making file handles useful outside of NFS
To: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hitl.washington.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/25/1999 18:22:10
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Konrad Schroder wrote:

> This is also a (the only remaining?) necessary ingredient in making the
> layered filesystems exportable, too: umapfs (or whichever one) can tell
> whether it is exported using umap_check_export, and then pass the
> VFS_FHTOVP call on to the underlying layer.

True!

The patches I sent leave most of the miscfs's returning EOPNOTSUPP, but
that can be changed. All of the non-trivial checkexp routines are almost
the same, so an export check'd be easy to add. And I think we have a
sample of a layered fhtovp around here somewhere.

If no one has any objections, tomorrow (US Pacific time) I'll commit the
changes I posted. Then we probably can probably add the export support
easily. :-)

Take care,

Bill