Subject: Re: sys/lib/libsa: Cleanup and making stuff "smaller".
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/23/1999 00:51:13
drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de wrote:

> OK, if it's really comfortably...
> I hadn't this impression up to now - and it would be nasty if
> every harmless change to common libsa code or the next compiler
> version make us hunt for 100 bytes or so. (I know this - I'm
> building netboot EPROMs for i386.)

My first attempt at the first stage bootblock had approx 400 bytes free,
working with the pmax ufs.c which doesn't have symlink support.  It may
even be possible that there is room for the symlink code now, but I'm
going one step at a time to make sure everything works.

FWIW, egcs _did_ break the available code size with the 1.3 bootblock
source :-)

Simon.