Subject: Re: sys/lib/libsa: Cleanup and making stuff "smaller".
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/21/1999 12:57:19
>"GACK"
>
>So, removing symlink support would really annoy me, as a _user_!  I
>OFTEN symlink kernels to /netbsd on my devel machines.

Jason, we're not talking about "removing" symlink support;
the pmax bootblocks have *never* had symlink support.

And when we have two-stage bootblcosk (RSN) it just means that you
won't be able to use a symlink to /boot. But you can tdo that
now anyways.

>You should just use 2-stage boot blocks.  [...]

Yes. We will. We've already listed the constraints on those,
and why the approach Simon has chosen makes sense.
Constructive technical contributions to that are welcome.