Subject: Re: sys/lib/libsa: Cleanup and making stuff "smaller".
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/21/1999 10:44:49
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 17:58:39 +1100
 Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au> wrote:

 > Before anyone jumps up and down and says "go to 2 stage bootblocks!"
 > (Jason included ;), we are moving toward this but are still aiming to
 > have stage 1 live within the currently available bootblock space without
 > resorting to some ugly nasty installboot-hack type scheme.

"GACK"

So, removing symlink support would really annoy me, as a _user_!  I
OFTEN symlink kernels to /netbsd on my devel machines.

You should just use 2-stage boot blocks.  It just seems SILLY to hack
and slash the boot block into a teeny area.  Especaily when you can
do some really nice things in a larger boot block, like more easily
determine the console (and just pass it to the kernel), etc...