Subject: Multiple linux /emul environments
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/19/1999 13:15:15
	We are running the linux ADSM (big IBM backup system) client on
	NetBSD/i386 boxes here. It is statically linked, and also
	interacts rather badly with /emul/linux. If a directory exists
	in /emul/linux it will backup the contents of that directory
	rather than the real filesystem.

	What we need is some way to tell the kernel that certain linux
	binaries do not use /emul/linux.

	Trying to generalise this, would it make sense to allow binaries
	to be tagged (possibly via an elf note) to run with different
	/emul/XXXX paths? Maybe based on the Vendor-specific ELF note
	docs as at www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/elf-notes.html

		David/absolute

                  -=-  Resentment is a renewable resource  -=-