Subject: Re: Format of "files" file ?
To: None <davem@eastcoast.co.za, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@orac.ece.utexas.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/15/1999 15:53:03
On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 05:36:33PM +0200, davem@eastcoast.co.za wrote:

> ...but I want to start off writing AND
> installing AND testing a trivial driver (probably a pseudo-device that
> returns a string), just so I know how all this fits together, but I can't
> even figure out the syntax of the sys/conf/files file. Is there some
> secret source of info for this stuff ?

  When you get your trivial driver written, could someone
add it (plus directions) to /usr/share/examples or something,
as something that (clueless) others (like me!) can start with
and hack from there?  Sort of like the nullfs filesystem (from
the man page):

    Second, the null layer can serve as a prototype layer.  Since
    it provides all necessary layer framework, new file system
    layers can be created very easily be starting with a null layer.

  Brian
--
"There is only one purpose for a priority encoder, and that is to do priority
encoding." - J.R. Jump, ELEC 326