Subject: Format of "files" file ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <davem@eastcoast.co.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/1999 17:36:33
Hello

What is the syntax for entries in the sys/conf/files file ?

For e.g. what does "needs-flag" mean.

I need to add entries for my own device driver(s) which I'm also
figuring out how to write, but I want to start off writing AND
installing AND testing a trivial driver (probably a pseudo-device that
returns a string), just so I know how all this fits together, but I can't
even figure out the syntax of the sys/conf/files file. Is there some
secret source of info for this stuff ?

Ultimately I need to write a PCI driver for an intelligent ISDN card
(i.e. with embedded protocol stacks on the card).

Any help with device drivers, in particular for NETBSD would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Dave