Subject: Re: VOP_CLOSE, was Re: Locking errors
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <salb@hell.gud.siemens.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/12/1999 10:42:52
Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Bernd Salbrechter wrote:
>
> > Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:
> >
> > > I've tested compiling on an i386, and have activly used ffs & nfs
> > > filesystems. Can others please try all our other filesystems?
> >
> > I using the union-fs on my private NetBSD-boxes (a i486 tower and a i586
> > Laptop), but not very havily.
>
> Just to make sure, you've tried this with the patches I sent out earlier
> this week? _They_ are what I need tested. :-)

No. I run it on 1.3 and 1.3.2 This smells like a -current system. If the
paches work on an 1.3.? system and you are interest, I can give it a try.
Installing a -current system look like a litle bit much work, but if
you couldn't find someone else to test it, I can use my spare disk for
the laptop. Maybe the -current kernel knowes the PCMCAI-Ethernet-Card
I'm looking for.

(If the patch is in your message from Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:44:14 -0800 (PST),
with the ID <Pine.GSO.3.96.990209163359.7555D-100000@fastloki.Stanford.EDU>
I have archived it.)

> rm -W will delete a whiteout. So rm <name>; rm -W <name> will give you the
> unmodified file <name>.

Thanks leard much, reading a so smal piece of text :-).

Thanks for the teaching

Bernd