Subject: $SYSDIR and sys/kern/Make.tags.inc
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/11/1999 21:00:49
For some reason this file was scanning /sys directly to get a list
of directories with sources in them. This blows up on systems like
mine where /sys points to /usr/src/sys, and /usr/src doesn't exist.

I've changed this, for the moment, to set SYSDIR (if not already
set, as it is in arch/{i386,mac68k}/Makefile). But I notice that,
while i386 and mac68k use SYSDIR and rooted paths, other ports
(alpha, amiga, arm32, atari, hp300, etc.) use relative paths, and
others don't have this code at all.

Does someone want to look at this, and perhaps clean it up to do
the `right' thing? Or perhaps offer an explanation of why this
stuff is this way?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.