Subject: Re: VOP_CLOSE, was Re: Locking errors
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/10/1999 10:29:31
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> Given the grief we've had over the years with stacking filesystems on each
> other, this work is long overdue, and to be commended. Thanks, Bill!

Thanks! Though this is just a first step. I think there probably are other
errors lurking around which need digging up.

> Out of curiosity, are you going to document any of this in a section 9 man
> page?

Eventually. Right now the only real documentation is in
sys/kern/vnode_if.src!

I've tested compiling on an i386, and have activly used ffs & nfs
filesystems. Can others please try all our other filesystems?

Thanks!

Bill