Subject: svr4_ucontext_t et al - usable?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/07/1999 23:57:18
An odd question perhaps.  I'm sort of trolling for ideas.

I'm just starting out on porting Sun's JDK 1.2, and it appears to make
_much_ heavier use of the ucontext_t related syscalls and functions
than did JDK 1.1.x

I'm currently wondering whether, rather than bash the JDK into working
differently, I can provide what it wants to see.  I noted that there
is a svr4_ucontext.h which provides a svr4_ucontext_t struct with the
right members etc.

But is svr4_sys_context callable from the NetBSD emulation or there
another means of populating this or a similar struct with the relevant
info such that I can make a {get,set}context work.

If I sound confused, its because I'm still trying to work out why the
new JDK uses {get,set}context, as well as using {set,long}jmp() which
is what we used in the 1.1 port... that is, the green_threads in the
new JDK appears to work much like the BSD ports for JDK 1.1.x, yet at
the same time, make much more use of {get,set}context (and I'm only
loking at the green_threads stuff).

I'm still running 1.3.x - I'd like the JDK to be able to run on
that... mind you, 1.4 might be out before I finish this port :-)

--sjg