Subject: Re: "default" outgoing address
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Paul A Vixie <paul@vix.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/05/1999 00:13:39
> This still doesn't quite fix what I need, however it is close.
>
> One machine has 4 ethernets, some of which go to other machines, one
> goes to the router box.  I'd prefer that the address of a given
> machine be consistent across any of those interfaces.

moreover, if i have a couple of disparite /32's which no lan subnet encloses,
i don't ever want to assign these as aliases for any interface but lo0.  it
simply makes no sense to assign them to a physical interface, let alone an
interface which is associated with some kind of physical topology or physical
connectivity.  these are _virtual_ addresses.