Subject: Re: "default" outgoing address
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Paul A Vixie <paul@vix.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/04/1999 09:43:44
if we're going to do this on a per-interface basis, that's ok by me since
i can just set all the interfaces to use the same lo0 alias address (which
is the thing ospf actually learns about in my networks.)  it should prolly
be an ifconfig thing in that case.

but if we're going there, i'd like the work ted lemon did for one of our
old consulting customers to get integrated at the same time.  see
	ftp://ftp.vix.com/pub/vixie/ifdefault/

and if we're going to do all of that, it's time to consider the issues that
prevent us from attaching multiple lan interfaces to the same subnet.  i've
wanted to be able to receive connections on multiple physical interfaces on
the same switch for some time now, and in that case we should do simple
round robin for binding new outbound sockets to output interfaces (or on
sending datagrams from unconnected sockets whose destinations are on a subnet
to which we have multiple interface paths.)