Subject: weird scsi error
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/28/1999 20:56:13
Hi,
I've just installed NetBSD 1.3.3 on a box with a ncr53c875 and
2 UW drives: one is at target 0, the second at target 12.
When I compile a custom kernel with sd0 wired down at target 0
and sd1 wired down at target 12, I can't access sd1: every access fails
with 'I/O error' and the kernel reports "error code 0" (this error message
seems to come from scsi_interpret_sense(), when no sense code is available).
If I leave sd1 unwired in the config file (leaving sd0 at target 0),
I can access sd1 without problems.

My guess here is that there is an array somewhere which is limited to
8 elements, so my disk at target 12 is out of range. I'll try to have a look
at this, but if someone has an idea that could save me some time it would
be cool :)