Subject: Re: /dev/ksyms
To: None <tv@pobox.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/1999 14:20:14
Hi,

> : Is /dev/ksyms the best place for this?  Why not /kern/ksyns?
>
> Probably so that you can get at ksyms without having to have kernfs.  :)

I knew that someone was going to say this.  But can anyone tell me what's
so bad about kernfs?  Especially if we are now going to bloat the kernel
with a linker anyway...

(You might tell from the above that I'm more than unhappy with this trend
to become yet another Slowlaris, where you've got a 500k kernel that cannot
even read a single byte from any device.  And while being here, what's good
about having the linker in the kernel?  Looks like I must be missing
something...)

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--