Subject: Re: /dev/ksyms
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/1999 14:20:14

> : Is /dev/ksyms the best place for this?  Why not /kern/ksyns?
> Probably so that you can get at ksyms without having to have kernfs.  :)

I knew that someone was going to say this.  But can anyone tell me what's
so bad about kernfs?  Especially if we are now going to bloat the kernel
with a linker anyway...

(You might tell from the above that I'm more than unhappy with this trend
to become yet another Slowlaris, where you've got a 500k kernel that cannot
even read a single byte from any device.  And while being here, what's good
about having the linker in the kernel?  Looks like I must be missing

ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800