Subject: Re: sucky performance on i386/1.3I
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/21/1999 20:39:29
On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 11:43:51AM +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> Yep. Or, it doesn't matter. Disk I/O doesn't affect the problem.
> For example:
> ASUS, PPro 200, 64MB memory, Matrox Millennium: Not sensitive.
> ASUS, K6 233, 128MB, S3 Virge: Almost unusable.
> The same as above but FreeBSD: Not sensitive.
> AOpen, P2 233, 64MB, Matrox Millennium: Almost unusable.

DraCo: (68060/50MHz/64 MB EDO RAM, no secondary cache, Altais board)

slow when Ragges program runs, but that would be expected, otherwise normal.
Same machine goes into 90% supervisor without any I/O when LintSysNormal.c
is built.

I strongly suspect the "slow X11" is no valid description of the problem.
"Sucks up 90% sys cpu time without any disk i/o and any unusual emulation
traps" is, however.

	is