Subject: Re: options "BLINK" in config file for kernel?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/19/1999 11:06:06
> Perhaps the reason that some have suggested the lights blink faster as the
> load gets higher is that the current range is 1s -> 2s -> 3s -> 4s and
> that people don't percieve phenomenon under 1Hz very well.  Perhaps a
> suggestion would be to start the blink at a faster rate at load=0, like
> 10 blinks per second, and get slower as load goes up [...]

Uh, 10 blinks a second?  I can see the headlines now:

"NetBSD Project sued over Open Source OS user's Epileptic seizure, film at 11"

"``I saw him staring at the edge of his SPARCstation 20 with a glazed look on
 his face, then he just started having a seizure'', said his roommate Phineas
 J. Luser in a statement.  ``There was this green light blinking really
fast''"

:-)

	- Greg