Subject: Re: options "BLINK" in config file for kernel?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/18/1999 16:54:22
>I was talking to one of the guys here at work about just this the other
>day.  He's not a NetBSD person, and it's always dismayed him that the
>pmaxes running NetBSD don't turn any of the LEDs on after the kernel has
>booted, and he doesn't know which machines are up or down :-)

They're all encoded in funky motherboard-specific ways.  Hum, we could
do a pmax backend with another systype callback vector.

But is it worth creating an MI interface to LEDs so that MI kernel
code can pass some encoding of what the kernel is doing "events" to
the LED driver in some MI way, or should we just leave them as MD --
thus restricting LED-setting calls to MD code?