Subject: Re: com_pcmcia.c and Lasat CREDIT288 faxmodem
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/26/1998 20:41:59
In message <199812230356.WAA25217@contents-vnder-pressvre.mit.edu>  "Nathan J. Williams" wrote:

> >During attach, the modem gives us the normal port ranges for com1-com4,
> >but cfe->num_iospace == 3 in the loop in com_pcmcia_attach(), so the card
> >is ignored. When the attach retries, it is given the port range 0x330-0x337
> >which the card doesn't seem to like.
>
> 	Can you post (or send me privately) the config output printed
> with PCMCIAVERBOSE enabled? That sounds broken if it's specifying
> iospace==3 and not accepting that port range. Admittedly, the
> iospace==3 thing is a slightly klugey heuristic to find the "generic"
> config entries.

I think the test in com_pcmcia.c:242

                        if ((cfe->iomask != 3) && (cfe->iospace[0].start != 0))

should be
                        if ((cfe->iospace[0].start != 0)

if cfe->iospace[].start != 0 it is safer to assume the card decodes the bits
whatever the CIS states.
This PC-Hardware, which means specs are there to be ignored ....

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center