Subject: Re: In-kernel random number generator
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/10/1998 09:35:07
Michael Graff writes:
> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
>
> > Yarrow is based on good, solid analysis that the folks at Counterpane
> > did. Our generator is based on several generations of
> > roll-your-own. That's why I keep pushing this with you in private.
>
> And my reply was, and will remain, "I don't have time to do it over
> again."

Then we'll just have to wait in this instance.

We're about doing things right, not about doing things fast. Look at
bounce buffers, for example. It pays to do these things right. If you
need to wait three or four months until my schedule frees enough for
me to supervise this myself, then we'll just have to wait that long to
move forward.

Perry