Subject: procedure for adding system call
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Valentin Pepelea <valentin@netcom.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/08/1998 13:19:31
Is there document or FAQ that describes how to muck around with the
kernel without breaking it? In my latest adventures, I have added a new
kernel function, sys_foo(). I added and entry in syscalls.master, did a
make init_sysents.c, recompiled the kernel and rebooted, made a softlink
of /usr/include/sys to /usr/src/sys/sys went to /usr/src/lib/libc and
make depend;make clean;make;make install, but no reference to foo() is
to be found anywhere in libc.a. A foo.o stub was not created in /usr/src/
lib/libc like for the other system calls.

This procedure works just dandy under FreeBSD. What's missing?

Valentin