Subject: Re: CAM in NetBSD [Was Re: aix7xxx problems with negotiating "Ultra" speeds....]
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/08/1998 13:10:30
>I'd like to see this in NetBSD, or at last a layer that could help porting
>drivers from/to FreeBSD.
>I didn't look at FreeBSD's CAM yet, so I can't make any further comments.
>But if such a project is started, I could probably help, at last with
>the atapi part.

ATAPI can certainly be added to CAM, it just hasn't been my focus due
to timing constraints and the needs of my employer.

>Is there any documentation on FreeBSD's CAM yet, other than source code ?

The start of an overview of FreeBSD CAM can be found at:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/cam.html

The formating sucks, but I haven't found the time to see how to get Jade
to emit something reasonable yet.

--
Justin