Subject: Re: PCI I/O address allocation
To: None <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/25/1998 18:33:23
> The 2.1 spec that i'm looking at has 6 BARs in the type 0 header, at
> starting addresses 0x10 -> 0x24 in configuration space.
Sorry, I was just babbling without checking.  There are 6 BARs, but
that doesn't change the fact that the SonicVibes card wants
two additional I/O regions which are programmed at addresses 0x40 and
0x48 in confuguration space.
So the basic problem remains.

As has been pointed out, even delaying the allocation until after
all other attachments have been done will guarantee that you
can find free I/O space, but it's the best I've been able to come
up with.

   -- Lennart