Subject: Re: Detailed info on Fail-safe cluster for Freebsd/unixes
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/1998 11:39:11
On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Chuck Robey writes:
> > > Or you can get almost the same thing for free from http://www.eddieware.org
> [...]
> > The guy's trying to make a living, and you're not.
>
> So? Why does that give you a reason to be deferential? The world
> doesn't *owe* him a living...

I'm not saying to go out and buy his software, just that he shouldn't be
condemned for merely trying to sell it.  I'd have been pleased if the
point was either that he shouldn't have cross-posted, or shouldn't have
posted commercial stuff to lists not chartered that way, or even for his
atrocious spelling, but *just* because he tries to sell it?

No, he can do that.  I kinda doubt he *will*, and I hope I don't read
more of his advertisements here, but I don't condemn him for trying.

Do you get paid for software?  That was my point.  Maybe I was unclear?

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).