Subject: Re: NetBSD without MMU?
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/29/1998 21:12:59
On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 11:31:23AM -0500, John F. Woods wrote:

> OMAGIC binaries are still supported (impure text); just strip out
> support for all other executable formats, add an on-the-fly relocator,
> and you're done (says someone not actually planning on doing the
> work... ;-).  (Of course, the linker probably doesn't know how to
> build OMAGIC binaries.)

Uhm... creating the NetBSD/Amiga bootblock depends heavily on this ability.
Bootblocks are run at an randomly alloced (by early AMigaOS ROM startup code)
memory area, and have manage to survive. I wrote an assembler frontend using
a compressed relocation table, and a "aout2bb" that converts the OMAGIC
relocation info into this format. For details of the ld call, look at
sys/arch/amiga/stand/boot/...

	-is