Subject: Re: NetBSD without MMU?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/29/1998 20:56:47
On Thu 29 Oct 1998, John F. Woods wrote:

> OMAGIC binaries are still supported (impure text); just strip out
> support for all other executable formats, add an on-the-fly relocator,
> and you're done (says someone not actually planning on doing the
> work... ;-).  (Of course, the linker probably doesn't know how to
> build OMAGIC binaries.)  I think implementing the necessary vm_ calls

Somewhere on my backup tapes must be the source for a gcc-1.39 based linker
that created executables with a relocation table attached. This is just
another way of handling this. Drawback is that you can't page but have
to revert to swapping. I used this linker with MiNT on my atari 1040ST. This
one had only an 8MhZ 68000 (yes, MiNT was multitasking ;-)

Leo.