Subject: NCR SCSI driver
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: C Kane <ckane@best.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/15/1998 09:11:29
Hello.

I'm having a problem with the NCR SCSI driver
(/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/ncr.c).  In trying to solve
that problem, I've come across another problem.

How many CCBs are actually needed?  The ncr.c driver
seems to make a new ccb for every possible target,
whether the target exists or not.  If the target does
exist, then it creates a new ccb for every possible
LUN, whether the LUN exists or not.  If a LUN does
exist, two more CCBs are created.  In this way, a
real device does get four CCBs, which seems to be the
plan, but a number of other CCBs are also created
which are probably never used.

Is there a reason for making all the extra CCBs?

I'm not on this list, please respond directly to me.

Whatever became of the CAM debate?

-- Chuck