Subject: Re: kernel limits (??)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: John Darrow <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/14/1998 18:02:31

>>	#ifndef MAX_KMAPENT
>>	#define MAX_KMAPENT (50 + 2 * MAXPROC)
>>	#endif
>
>Oops, should be NPROC, not MAXPROC.  Plus we'd need to move the
>default definition of NPROC in param.c as
>
>	#ifndef NPROC
>	#define NPROC (20 + 16 * MAXUSERS)
>	#endif
>
>to param.h (inside #ifdef _KERNEL) so both param.c and the
>VM code can access NPROC.
>
>That seems like The Right Thing till we make the static table go away
>completely.  Comments?  Yell now if you see a problem.

Sounds good to me.

I went ahead and sent in a PR (pr kern/6293) before these last few messages
came through.  It just left MAX_KMAPENT at 500 (1000 in current) but made
it overrideable.  But the version using NPROC sounds better.

(and while we're in there, anyone want to hit port-i386/6226?  It's just
 a one-line patch, fixes an incorrect message, but it hasn't been touched
 since I sent it in...)

jdarrow

--
John Darrow
Computing Services, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL