Subject: Re: PCI and subsystem IDs.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/06/1998 16:39:29
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de> writes:
> > 	from one another even though the cards may have the same PCI
> > 	controller on them (and, therefore, the same Vendor ID and
> > 	Device ID). Implementation of these registers is optional
> > 	and an all zero value indicates that the device does not
> > 	support subsystem identification. Subsystem Vendor IDs can be
>
> can't we use that to make them available/usable?

They're available and usable by drivers, now, via the
config-space-read functions.

As noted in my original mail, i don't think they should be provided in
the standard attach args, though, because:

	(1) most devices don't care about them

	(2) they're relatively hard to dig out (different places for
	    different header types), and

	(3) not all header types even provide them.

cgd