Subject: Re: PCMCIA madness
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/1998 01:17:49
In message <199809071855.UAA00979@animal.cs.chalmers.se>  Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> > At this stage in can be only power or reset logic. As it works on my
> > machine(s) I think its power. Either the power lingers to long or it
> > doesn't come up quickly enough (hmm, actually it could be just that the
> > power did'nt drop below the threshhold for resetting the card).
> > Enlarging the off-time may help ..
> I tried inserting 5s delay.  Did I miss some place?

I don't think so.
The only other thing the windoze stuff could do is enabling VPP at 5V,
or setting a flag that this is 5V card.
What kind of PCIC controller is in the machine? Is it one of the CardBus
chipsets. I think they can default to 3.3 V on a 3.3 V system.

I try to get a -current running on my Compaq notebook (until recently it
failed to find the wd-controler ...) it has a cardbus chipset.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center