Subject: Re: PCMCIA madness
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/07/1998 14:13:10
In message <199809070910.LAA25703@animal.cs.chalmers.se>  Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> > I know it no timeout yet. I would fix the delay() using timeout instead of
> > a daemon processes thats all.
> I think the code using timeout() will be a mess; I'd rather have
> clean code even if it means a deamon process.

Only if you defer the whole stuff until you're in a process context.
The whole pcmcia model is supposed to be event based, and we're only in
this trouble because its not event based on NetBSD.

I'm going to make changes to the pcmcia stuff in the near future anyway.

> > Have you increased the delays for reset, the one after the
> > power-enable and  the one after the powerdisable  too?
> I inserted long delays at many places, but I can try again.

At this stage in can be only power or reset logic. As it works on my
machine(s) I think its power. Either the power lingers to long or it
doesn't come up quickly enough (hmm, actually it could be just that the
power did'nt drop below the threshhold for resetting the card).
Enlarging the off-time may help ..

I think its a bug we do a powercycle here .... (setting the card to
IO and setting the intr vector doesn't affect the card at all).

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center