Subject: Questions about ncr53c9x driver
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/07/1998 00:14:45
Hello everybody!

While trying to move the Cumana SCSI driver for arm32 to the MI ncr53c9x
driver (I already asked some questions here.), I have actually fallen back.
:-(
The last time I succeeded to compile a kernel was on August 9.
After that, all the kernels failed. (I sup current sources for the kernel
regularly.)
So I moved back to a known good version of the Cumana driver with its own
private chip layer. A kernel with this gives the following error:

root fs type: ffs
exec /sbin/init: error 14
init: not found
panic: no init

In case you want to look at the source, it's in /sys/kern/init_main.c, line
572. Error 14 is EFAULT according to errno.h, the remark says "Bad address".
What could be the reason for this? Is there anything I have to update?

I have installed the arm32 UVM snapshot from August 4 and have "options UVM"
in my kernel config file, so this shouldn't be the problem.

I tend to think that it's not really a problem with the SCSI driver but I
can't check as I don't have IDE drives.
--
So long, Markus

PGP key available on request or from