Subject: Re: reaper patch
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/05/1998 17:58:30
On Tue, Sep 01, 1998 at 04:51:27PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Subject: Re: root file system type: ffs
> ---------
> [ Please redirect all followups to tech-kern ONLY! --thorpej ]
>
> On Mon, 31 Aug 98 21:08:49 CDT
>  Chuck Cranor <chuck@maria.wustl.edu> wrote:
>
>  > i believe the pool allocator has uncovered a design problem in the
>  > process exit code path.
>
> I believe I have fixed the problem.  I have tested it on Alpha and x86,
> but not the other platforms yet.  Charles Hannum suggested the reaper
> thread.

> If I hear no objections, I'll commit them tomorrow afternoon/evening.

What happened with the reaper ? I've been running with Jasons patch since
its announcement, and it seems to work on my NetBSD/mac68k-current, i.e.
it allows the system to boot completely. If there are serious problems with
the reaper that are not going to be solved reasonbly quickly, we need
another patch to let the macintoshes boot. I know that you are all busy
people, so please don't take this message as an indication of ugratefulness
from my side, just as a status inquiry :-)

regards
Erik Bertelsen