Subject: Re: CompactFlash
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/1998 18:49:17
In message <199809041529.RAA00630@animal.cs.chalmers.se>  Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> I inserted a CompactFlash memory card (in a PCMCIA adapter) in my
> laptop.  I had hoped that it would show up as a disk since
> the CompactFlash cards emulate ATA disks (if I understand it
> right).  Instead I got the message
>         pcic_wait_ready ready never happened

I use a 2 MB and 15 MB  SanDisk flash on my Libretto without problems
(-current).
I  had some problems with SmartMedia, but mostly that a default ne*
entry grabbed it.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center