Subject: Re: CompactFlash
To: Lennart Augustsson <>
From: Stefan Grefen <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/1998 18:49:17
In message <>  Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> I inserted a CompactFlash memory card (in a PCMCIA adapter) in my
> laptop.  I had hoped that it would show up as a disk since
> the CompactFlash cards emulate ATA disks (if I understand it
> right).  Instead I got the message
>         pcic_wait_ready ready never happened

I use a 2 MB and 15 MB  SanDisk flash on my Libretto without problems
I  had some problems with SmartMedia, but mostly that a default ne*
entry grabbed it.

> Does anyone have any experience with CompactFlash on NetBSD?
>         -- Lennart

Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.                       High Performance Research Center
 --- Hacking's just another word for nothing left to kludge. ---