Subject: Re: kernel disklabel messages
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/27/1998 15:02:16
According to Chris G. Demetriou:

>In fact, on systems with lots of devices, it doesn't work right after
>boot.

Hmmmm yup I can see that - the amount of probe info overflows the
kernel message buffer so you lose.

Getting the devices found just requires a kernel memory walk, none too
hard to do but when I had a close look at this before I think the
locator information is stashed in the kernel but the offsets into the
array were not codified in anyway - just a cursory look at the headers
shows that much has changed since I first looked (must have been circa
1.1 -> 1.2 time) which may mean that getting the locators that
succeeded in matching is easier to dig out now.  I think I shall have
to go back and see if I can fix this up in a little while.  I really
want to get the config writer up and running first....

  And the monks would cry unto them, "Keep the bloody noise down!"
  - Mort, Terry Pratchett.