Subject: Re: Config ...
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/1998 19:57:59
In hanse-ml.netbsd.tech-kern, you wrote:
|platters acutally contain -- is it your /usr, or your /home?  For a

Disks/partitions remember where they have been mounted. So at install
time initialize this. Then later on when mounting them, just look at
the partition label and mount them at the previous location unless
either the user tells otherwise or this space is now occupied.

Another thing that I did not yet see mentioned (but which is more or
less the same as rescanning e.g. the scsi bus) Is to attach a device
later than at boot time. I hate it to reboot my box, because I want to
put my DAT on it.

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
10 + 10 - er wollt nicht mehr stehn.