Subject: Re: CardBus, anyone?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/15/1998 18:16:23
On 15 Aug 1998 18:15:26 -0700
 cgd@netbsd.org (Chris G. Demetriou) wrote:

 > [ There have been several, seemingly-independent mentions of cardbus
 > support here over the past few weeks.  I understand that Jason has
 > some code or something from somebody, that may be not-ridiculously-far
 > from working, maybe he should mention it? ]

I have no CardBus code, working or otherwise.  Someone loaned me a
3Com 3c575-TX CardBus Ethernet, but that's the extent of it.

FWIW, the intent of CardBus seems to be "Glue DMA-using PCI devices into
PCMCIA slots".  AFAIK, CardBus cards implement the full PCI configuration
space, in addition to the CIS that PCMCIA uses (a pointer to which is
actually located in PCI configuration space).

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942