Subject: TIOCMGET?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/04/1998 09:23:51
I'm trying to read the handshaking lines on my MacIIci serial port (HSKi,
and GPi which correspond to CTS and ?? respectively).  I also want to
control the HSKo line (RTS).  I looked at a linux "statserial" program
which used (I'm summarizing here)

int fd;                       /* for serial device */
int status;                   /* status of system calls */
unsigned int arg;             /* value returned by ioctl */

fd = open("/dev/tty00", O_RDONLY);
status = ioctl(fd, TIOCMGET, &arg);
if (status != 0) {
  perror("statserial: TIOCMGET failed");
  exit(1);
}

This then gives:

"statserial: TIOCMGET failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device"

Is this ioctl supposed to be implemented on NetBSD-1.3/mac68k?

Thanks

Dan