Subject: Re: Questions about NCR53C9X driver
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/04/1998 01:34:01
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Markus Baeurle wrote:

> Mark, what do you mean with "this can be implemented within the DMA frame
> work of the driver"?
Hi,
  All I was refering to was the way some of the amiga drivers do it i.e.
the MI driver is not aware that DMA is not necessarily occuring. As far as
the MI code is concern it still does DMA setups etc. but the MD part does
the transfer via PIO e.g. in flsc_dma_intr() in flsc.c
i.e I meant that the MI driver does not need to know how the xfer is
actually achieved and thus the MI code will see it as a DMA xfer..

Cheers,
				Mark