Subject: Re: b* -> mem*
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/1998 20:52:38
Jason Thorpe writes:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:27:01 -0400
>  "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:
>
>  > Probably, although code we import shouldn't use them except during
>  > testing.
>
> Wrong, perry.  All of our derived-from-other-sources code should probaby
> still use b* in the source, to minimize diffs.

For drivers we share from other systems where we continue to slurp in
their changes, yes. For something where no one else is maintaining the
code for us, would this make any difference?

My point is primarily about new new code written for NetBSD -- once
the rest is mem*'ed, anything new we add (with, I will admit, the
exception of externally maintained code) should use mem*.

Perry