Subject: Re: PnP weirdness
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/1998 09:19:05
> Which leads me to another question:  The register set for the mixer
> is split between two PnP devices (CSC0000 and CSC0003, I think).
> How can I write my probe/attach routines to make sure I will
> group them correctly and not get them mixed up if there are
> multiple cards?  I couldn't find a unique card id readily available in
> the attach args.

Uhm.... something similar would be needed to handle some Amiga ZBUS graphics
boards more cleanly.

We know we see the logical boards next to each other... do we have to set some
state in (say) the register softc, exit without starting the board, then, when
the memory shows up, look for an unclaimed register "board" (or vice versa)?

I guess there is no method to attach a device instance two (or
more) parent devices at the same time, right?

	-is