Subject: Re: PnP weirdness
To: None <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/1998 19:12:05
> | How do I reset the card?
> | Just having an inb() in the attach doesn't help.
>
> Isn't there a reset register in the wss or sb register set? Or
> otherwise we need to do a card reset from PnP, but I don't have the
> PnP doc with me...
To use the wss reset the card has to respond a little more.
Maybe the sb reset could work.  I'll try

There is another reset, but that is located in another PnP device that
the chip presents.

Which leads me to another question:  The register set for the mixer
is split between two PnP devices (CSC0000 and CSC0003, I think).
How can I write my probe/attach routines to make sure I will
group them correctly and not get them mixed up if there are
multiple cards?  I couldn't find a unique card id readily available in
the attach args.

        -- Lennart