Subject: Re: multiple NFS ports
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@klondike.dachau.marco.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/27/1998 18:28:06
In article <Qpj8c8i6LiYE4WuMQx@zelux6>,
	drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de (Matthias Drochner) writes:
> It's not obvious for me what you are trying here
> (a plain NFS client doesn't decrypt, and sending unencrypted stuff
> over the wire doesn't sound reasonable).
> Perhaps you can explain more...

Probably Benjamin has a userlevel implementation of a crypting filesystem
that works by loopback mounting a local filesystem via a special userlevel
nfs server. So you don't go over the wire, you go over lo0 :-)

> In any case: If we leave out diskless NFS-root systems,
> the NFS port is chosen by the userland mount_nfs program.
> (It's always asking the portmapper.)

Ant that's what you can change on other machines. There you can force
mount not to ask the portmapper but to use a usersupplied port number.

But our mount_nfs program doesn't support this (yet), but it doesn't
seem to be hard to add.

Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41