Subject: Re: multiple NFS ports
To: tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG, Benjamin Lorenz <lorenz@ps.uni-sb.de>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/27/1998 16:09:12
Excerpts from netbsd: 27-Jul-98 multiple NFS ports Benjamin
Lorenz@ps.uni-s (497*)

> NetBSD doesn't seem to support multiple NFS ports. I mean
> something like 'mount -o port=4711 ...', which is implemented in
> SunOS or Linux for instance. This prevents me from using my NetBSD
> machine both as NFS server (using nfsd) and crypt fs server (cfsd).

It's not obvious for me what you are trying here
(a plain NFS client doesn't decrypt, and sending unencrypted stuff
over the wire doesn't sound reasonable).
Perhaps you can explain more...

In any case: If we leave out diskless NFS-root systems,
the NFS port is chosen by the userland mount_nfs program.
(It's always asking the portmapper.)
That should be easy to adapt to your needs.

best regards
Matthias