Subject: Re: NBPG
To: msaitoh <msaitoh@spa.is.uec.ac.jp>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/23/1998 17:37:06
On 23-Jul-98 msaitoh spoke unto us all:
#
#   > If you want my judgement: they should not. All they should care about is
#   > the return value of getpagesize(), or the equivalent sysctl(2) call.
#
#  YES!
#
#   > >> #define        CLBYTES         (CLSIZE * sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE))
#   >
#   > is incorrect. Just use sysconf(_SC_PAGESIZE).
#

Is that the right thing to do though?  That makes the use of that macro require
#include <unistd.h>  That doesn't seem right for a machine header.  Using that
in a program is fine.. but I don't think the header should have a dependency on
a POSIX header.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html